[divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”10″]
“Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford
I believe leaders need to be willing to risk failure to get the benefit of learning. Below is a personal mission and a list of three principles and various capabilities strengthened with 16 years of experience.
[image_with_animation image_url=”1336″ alignment=”” animation=”Fade In”]
Mission & Vision
Driven to inspire & reinvent. Focused on transforming a business’s most ambiguous problems into desirable, durable products and services through innovative and strategic design.
Principles & Expertise
Successful product designs require strong leadership and collaboration across disciplines and organization levels.
- Team leadership – design management and mentoring for designers
- Context and customer analysis – defining customer profiles and scenarios
- Problem definition – defining the customer problem and defining testable hypotheses
- Design planning – defining roadmaps, requirements and feature prioritization
- Design evangelism – educating and promoting design thinking and best practices
Crafting delightful solutions for complex problems requires knowledge of methodologies as well as industry standards and evolving technologies.
- Innovation catalyzing – promoting innovation with a variety of frameworks
- Facilitation – seeing and bringing a team together around the big picture
- Workshop planning – creating collaborative moments in product development
- Organizational models & task flows – defining optimized flows for first use and on-going usage
- Information Architecture – organizing product structure to optimize for a cross platform experiences
- Interaction Design – delightful interaction design for both web and mobile
Informing and measuring the success of a design with customer insight identifies wins, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Field research – fostering deep customer empathy to drive passion and vision
- Agile processes – iterative research and design, collaborating with engineers, marketers and designers
- Rapid prototyping – developing low- to high-fidelity prototypes for rapid experimentation
- Usability testing – in-person, remote or un-moderated exploration using a variety of methods