Companies can leverage game thinking (Gamification) to delight customers, increase usage and achieve business goals.
- Game Dynamics are the motivational desires used over time to create an engaging experience.
- Game Mechanics are actions and systems that make progress visible.
- A Game are unnecessary obstacles we volunteer to tackle.
- Game thinking is about using fun and game principles to design solutions to real-world problems.
- Leveraging the positive aspects of game thinking (fun and play) with the efficiency of usability (speed and simplification).
The following deck is an overview of my research on the topic of Gamification and game thinking.