1. Start by building a bigger box rather than trying to think outside it!
2. Select your team for who they know as well as what they know
3. Pick one leader and provide him or her the autonomy they need to be successful
4. Build a team that can both identify gaps in the market and markets in the gap!
5. Find team members who tell great stories!
6. Understand the difference between good and bad conflict
7. Supplement the innovation core team with an external provocateur
8. Remember to set goals and measure progress
9. Think like a startup entrepreneur
10. Ensure team members have “both feet in”
Extracted from Innovation Management article.